Project Name: “Ensuring Participatory Decision Making Processes at Regional and National Levels by Empowering NGOs/CSOs” Funded by the EU
Project Number: ENI/2017/393903
Subject: Three Environmental Experts (Fields of Biodiversity, Environmental Management and Geology)
Strengthening civil society organizations and local authorities plays an important role in inclusive and sustainable growth of the society .The project “Ensuring Participatory Decision Making Processes at Regional and National Levels by Empowering NGOs/CSOs” has been financed by the European Commission. Project aims to empower civil society organizations in 4 regions of Georgia (Mtskheta-Mtianeti; Imereti; Ratcha-Lechkhumi and Samtskhe-Javakheti), to raise public awareness on Environmental Impact Assessment procedure and improve public involvement in decision-making process. In addition, informational meetings will cover the whole territory of Georgia. The works are performed by the following non-governmental organizations: The Lead -The Greens Movement of Georgia/Friends of the Earth – Georgia”; “City Institute Georgia”; Research-Intellectual Club “Dialogue of Generations” and “Public Advocacy”.
- Scope of Work, Responsibilities and Description of the Proposed Analytical Work
The engagement of the environmental experts is to strengthen the environment assessment capacity of target groups.
Scope of Services
The scope of service of the environmental specialists is to:
– Prepare environmental assessments in different directions (Environment, Biodiversity and Geology) for infrastructure or other projects that are implemented at the territories covered by the project;
– Make comments on the output of the environmental consulting firm/ specialist that were involved for consulting of infrastructural or other projects;
– Prepare reviews (with different cases) on the documents of environmental impact assessment procedure;
– Prepare a list of frequently asked questions during public discussions of EIA/SEA for NGOs;
– Prepare case studies on environmental impact assessment procedures for each region;
– Participation in EIA/SEA public discussions;
– Prepare outlines of environmental issues or risks to be addressed in related projects.
– Involve in the stakeholder consultation process with respect to environmental issues
- Qualifications Required
Title: Environmental Expert
Advanced degree/Masters in Environmental Management, Science, or Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Relevant experience of not less than 10 years;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new work environments, to establish and maintain good work relations with individuals of differing backgrounds, and to work under pressure.
– A report of completed tasks and deliverables each month
– Timesheet days worked each month
– The Individual Consultant shall coordinate with and report to the Project Manager.
NGO Consortium Greens Movement of Georgia/Friends of the
Earth Georgia (GMG/FoE-G) and EcoVision – The Union for
Mob (995 99) 260 695;
Deadline for submission is 27.04.2018